CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent

*drum roll please*

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for! :) Ok, first off let me take a moment to say, I did NOT and do NOT claim ownership of this recipe. A friend passed it on to me, I forgot it, I googled it and VOILA. Gotta love the power of the internet.

You can find pretty much everything you need to know here. Or you can contine to read my personal experience with it :)

My good friend, Shelly, gave me a sample of this stuff a week or so ago and I have been in love with it from the moment I used it!

Ok, so to start off, all of these ingredients are easy to find in your laundry aisle. Just look on the bottom shelf. It took me a few minutes to find it, but once i did, everything was right by each other. The total cost for for all the ingredients to start was around $14. Now, that was for the large box of Borax, the box of washing soda and 5 bars of Fels-Naptha. I grated 4 of the 5 bars and made 4 batches (about 250 standard loads) and have PLENTY of washing soda and Borax left to make more loads. YAY!

I bought a grater specially for the soap. I didn't want to ruin my kitchen grater :)
This is what it looked like all grated up (2 bars)

'

I will have to update the blog later with the other pictures, my phone is being a bit touchy right now! :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment