CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When did you learn to swim?

For me, I have always been terrified of the water. I had a bad experience with it growing up and didn't learn the basics until last Summer. Thanks to a dare from my 8 year old niece and a little liquid courage.

Yes, I know. Alcohol and water should NEVER be combined. But in my case, a margarita did a body good :)

So today was another huge milestone for me. I managed to swim from one end of the pool to the other AND hold my breath under water without my nose clips.

Now, I know these are probably things you learn to do when you're my daughter's age. In fact, I know they are because she is learning it right now! But, for me. This is a BIG deal. I never in a million years thought I would look forward going to a pool. Or a water park. Now, the Summer has endless possibilities! :)

How old were you when  you learned to swim? Any other adult learners in the house?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment