CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Deutschland

My idea of happiness....
German windmills
For almost 5 years, I drove by this field. I miss it. I miss Germany. I miss everything about Europe. This was my home. This is where both of my kids were born. This is where I met some amazing people! This is where I learned so many things about other cultures. This is where I want my kids to visit (or live) one day. To gain the same experience and knowledge I did. I pray almost daily that my husband's career will take us back there one day.
One of the main things I miss from Germany is this:


A real, authentic, brautwurst. Yummy! A large piece of meat on a nice, fresh baked Brötchen. OMGosh. My mouth is drooling over this picture! I ate the heck out of these things when I was pregnant with Z. It was about the only German food I would eat for a while. I was scared to death when we moved over there....
I was 20 years old, 12 weeks pregnant and knew my husband would be deploying shortly after our baby girl was born. I hated that place. I went through months of 'mourning' over leaving my beloved US of A. Man, that was stupid. After befriending a neighbor who spoke German, I quickly realized how much Germany had to offer me. Good food. Good shopping and a slower pace of life. A good life.
I sit here writing this with a tear in my eye. I know it will be years before we get back there. How much will change. Will a visit feel the same way as actually living a life there? All questions that will be answered in time I guess. If you have the chance to go. Do it!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to give up some of our comforts and take a few years to live in Ireland. I suppose it is a fantasy. Great to hear you had a good experience in Germany!

    ReplyDelete